Wednesday, June 1, 2011

NIGHT




I have an unnatural interest in the Holocaust. I feel compelled to read the autobiographies of the survivors, because I cannot believe how horrible it all was! When I start reading a new one, I always think I will feel like I am re-reading, but that never seems to happen. Each book has it's own set of atrocities and each author tells their story in a horrified disbelief, much like how I feel when I am reading them!


Night is a terrifying account of the Nazi death camp horror that turns a young Jewish boy into an agonized witness to the death of this family...the death of his innocence...and the death of his God. Penetrating and powerful, as personal as The Diary of Anne Frank, Night awakens the shocking memory of evil at its absolute and carries with it the unforgettable message that this horror must never be allowed to happen again.


Although the Holocaust is a sickening reality, it is so terribly unbelievable it could be science fiction!
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS