Monday, June 13, 2011

ERMA BOMBECK

This past Saturday was The Susan G Komen Race For The Cure. I thought I would highlight an author who battled breast cancer.

Erma was a stay at home mom who, in the early 60's started writing a humorous column for a local newspaper, for a whopping $3 a column. It quickly became popular and was syndicated nationwide. She soon began writing for the popular magazines of the 70's, Good Housekeeping, Redbook, Family Circle, Mccall's and Readers Digest. She also lectured across the country.

I remember reading her column in the Post. I also enjoyed reading her books The Grass Is Always Greener Over The Septic Tank and If Life Is A Bowl of Cherries, Why Am I In The Pits? She wrote several others.

Here's a word of advice from Erma. Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died. She was a funny lady. Check her out.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS