Saturday, February 27, 2010

Saturday Spotlight

Today's author is Judith Guest.


1. She was born March 29, 1936 in Detroit.
2. She earned her BA in education at the University of Michigan.
3. She was a public school teacher before becoming a novelist.
4. Her first novel, Ordinary People, was published in 1976; it was made into a movie that won the Academy Award for Best Picture in 1980.


5. Her novels are known for dealing with family crisis.
6. Her most recent book, The Tarnished Eye, is based on a true unsolved crime that took place near her hometown in Michigan.


7. She is the great-niece of Edgar A. Guest.

Have you read anything by Judith Guest?

I loved Ordinary People! It's one of my favorite books. I did some type of analysis on it for junior English...I wonder if I still have it? Even though the movie won Best Picture, it still couldn't compare to the book.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS