Sunday, February 28, 2010

Meeting Today & Member Profile-Karen

We're meeting today @ Karen's house @ 3:30 to discuss The 19th Wife!

About our host this month...


What is your favorite book? Gone with the Wind


Who is your favorite author? James Patterson


What is your favorite type of book to read? Mystery

Who is your most loved fictional character? Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables


If you could force everyone you know to read one book, what would it be? The Last Lecture--everyone should know how to die with dignity.


What is the most difficult book you've ever read (you had to actually finish it)? Moby Dick and Red Badge of Courage--I hated both of them.



What's the last book you read? The Help (which is fabulous!)


How many books do you own? If you are talking adult books, probably somewhere around 200. If I added in the books I have purchased for my classroom I'd say it was around 800-1000.

Paperbacks or hardbacks (or e-books)? e-books, but hardbacks (because of the smell) are a close second.

Has any book changed your life? I think of Still Alice. It gave such insight into such a horrid illness that I can understand more fully what families go through. I really don't think suicide is an answer to anything, but if I had to live through that I might change my mind.


I love to read because of my mom. She was a reader and encouraged us to read. For that I am eternally grateful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS