Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thoughts for Thursday

Which author, either deceased or no longer writing, do you wish could/would publish just one more book?


I guess I would say Harper Lee. Her one and only novel, To Kill a Mockingbird, was a huge bestseller, won the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction in 1961, and was voted the Best Novel of the Century in 1999 by the Library Journal. She has been quoted as saying...
I never expected any sort of success with Mockingbird. I was hoping for a quick and merciful death at the hands of the reviewers but, at the same time, I sort of hoped someone would like it enough to give me encouragement. Public encouragement. I hoped for a little, as I said, but I got rather a whole lot, and in some ways this was just about as frightening as the quick, merciful death I'd expected.
I wonder if a second novel by her would be as great and famous? She started to write a second novel (The Long Goodbye) but left it unfinished. She also attempted to write a non-fiction book about a serial killer, but left it unfinished as well. She's now 83, but I guess there's still time.


Find other thoughts at BTT.

Scroll down for Water for Elephants news!
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS