Sunday, January 2, 2011

One Little Word



I've been following Ali Edwards' blog for awhile. Since 2006 she has been encouraging her readers to participate in One Little Word. It has been life changing for her and others. I decided to participate this year. Here is what Ali has to say about it:
A single word can be a powerful thing. It can be the ripple in the pond that changes everything. It can be sharp and biting or rich and soft and slow. From my own personal experience, it can be a catalyst for enriching your life.

In 2006, I began a tradition of choosing one word for myself each January — a word that I can focus on, mediate on, and reflect upon as I go about my daily life. My words have included play, peace, vitality, nurture, and story. These words have each become a part of my life in one way or another. They've been imbedded into who I am, and into who I'm becoming. They've been what I've needed (and didn't know I needed). They've helped me to breathe deeper, to see clearer, and to grow.

My word for 2011 is light.


You can sign up to take her class at BPC for $36 (or just play along without signing up).

I have chosen the word CHANGE for 2011. I'm going to apply it to my reading (and life in general) and see what happens.

What word will you pick?

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS