Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thoughts for Thursday

Are you a fan of poetry? What's your favorite poem?

I'm not a huge poetry fan, but I do remember reading a lot of Edgar Allan Poe's poems during high school and college. The one that stands out the most is "The Raven." It's about a man that talks to a bird (the raven) about the loss of his love, Lenore. Sound weird? Here's the beginning:
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore--
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
"'Tis some visiter," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door--
Only this and nothing more."
Read the rest of it at The Literature Network.

Find other thoughts at BTT.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS