Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thoughts for Thursday

Have you ever read a book more than once?
Why did you re-read it?
Was it better or worse the second time?


You can check BTT for other thoughts.

I remember re-reading Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy, not because I wanted to, but because I didn't think I was prepared enough for an English test on the book. I don't think I've ever re-read anything for fun yet, but I am planning on reading Back Roads by Tawni O'Dell again. I remember that I loved it the first time and read it all in one day.



Excerpt from Back Roads:

"One day you're that guy who's happy he managed to survive high school and get that almighty piece of paper, and you're thinking you might try to get a job at Redi-Mix concrete where your dad's worked since the beginning of time. And at least you've got a family you can stand even if they are all sisters. One day you're that guy, and the next day you're assigned to a social worker and a therapist and given the choice of either being a LEGAL ADULT with three DEPENDENTS or an ORPHAN with NOBODY."
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS