Friday, November 26, 2010

Feature Fridays

Today's classic is Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl (1947).

Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl is one of the most moving and eloquent accounts of the Holocaust, read by tens of millions of people around the world since its publication in 1947.

Describing the lives of eight people hiding from the Nazis in a concealed storage attic, The Diary of Anne Frank captures the claustrophobic realities of their daily existence their fear, their hope, their laughter, their grief. Each day of these two dark years, Anne's voice shines through: "When I write I shake off all my cares. But I want to achieve more than that. I want to be useful and bring enjoyment to all people, even those I've never met. I want to go on living even after my death."

The Diary of Anne Frank is the story of a remarkable Jewish girl whose triumphant humanity in the face of unfathomable deprivation and fear has made the book one of the most enduring documents of our time.

You can explore the secret annex, where Anne and her family stayed in hiding for two years, online.

Have you read this amazing story? Did you read it in school?

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS